Job Opportunity at WNPEI: Program Facilitator
Deadline to apply: 30 June 2019
Are you feminist? Do you have experience facilitating programs? Are you passionate about supporting people as they make a change in their lives? If yes, please apply for the position of Program Facilitator at Women’s Network PEI!
The Program Facilitator works with a team to facilitate dynamic and transformative programs for women and comes with opportunities for growth and skills development. Women’s Network’s programming focuses on supporting women to transition to sustainable livelihoods and we are looking for a new member to join our team!
Project Manager, Women’s Network
$21 to 23$ per hour
- Work collaboratively with Lead Facilitator and other program staff to deliver all aspects of the program.
- Provide support guidance and direction to participants in all classroom activities.
- Responsible for the day to day operational aspects of running programs, including classroom set up, the introduction of speaker and assisting participants in all program areas.
- Builds positive relationships with participants, staff and program stakeholders.
- Supervise visits to college programs and local employers.
- Create, design and implement experiential activities
- Deliver program curriculum using tools such as training guides, course materials, and multimedia visual aids
- Use an adult learning model to ensuring that participants are engaged and supported during the program.
- Ensure the learning environment is respectful and safe for all participants and address any issues/conflict in a respectful dignified manner.
- Develop and maintain accurate and easily accessible records and processes for all learning and development activities
- Communicate with participants with program updates, schedules, and changes via email and telephone.
- Ensure that confidentiality and security of sensitive information are maintained and complies with the requirements of Women’s Network and the Canadian Privacy Act.
- Other related duties as may be assigned to meet organizational needs.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Understanding of and ability to work from a strength-based and client centred approach.
- Strong communication skills and presentation abilities to effectively facilitate a variety of educational experiences.
- Proven community development and networking skills
- Ability to support clients and participants in programs as needed
- Knowledge of social justice and feminist issues in PEI and beyond
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a fast paced team environment.
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast paced environment
- Relevant post-secondary degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Critical thinker
- Team Dynamics
- Building Coalitions
- Strong Listening Skills
- Superior Verbal/ Presentation Skills
- Workplace Ethics
- Results Driven
- Knowledge Sharing
- Proficiency with Basic Computer Systems
- Effective Communication
The environment shifts between classroom, site visits, physical activity and outdoors, therefore, physical activity is required. The work environment may be demanding when managing a learning environment which requires a high degree of confidentiality and flexibility. Standing for extended periods of time may be required.
How to Apply
To apply please submit your resume and cover letter to Jillian Kilfoil, Executive Director by Sunday, June 30 at midnight Atlantic time.
Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Also, candidates may be contacted on an ongoing basis so we encourage you to submit your application as quickly as possible. The anticipated start date is Monday, September 3rd, 2019.