Propelle a life skills and employment readiness program
Propelle is a life skills and employment readiness program with a focus on jobs where women are underrepresented. Propelle focuses on confidence building, conflict resolution, group activities, learning styles and overall wellness by following four pillars — Personal Development, Employment Readiness, Career Exploration and Community Engagement. Participants will hear from guest speakers, employers and mentors in various fields and will tour Holland College to explore various programs and job opportunities.
- Women between the ages 22 and 45 (with flexibility) who have experienced one or more of the following: limited attachment to the workforce, lack of confidence, limited education, intergenerational poverty, addiction issues, abuse, family violence, mental and physical health challenges, lone parents with limited supports
- Women who face barriers in employment and/or career advancement
- Women that have a desire and aptitude to work and increase their employability on PEI
- Women who have lived on PEI for at least 3 months and are either Canadian citizens or permanent residents
- Women who are on EI, are working 20 hours per week or less, are on social assistance or have no income
- Women who can commit to full-time programming